Welcome to My Blurb

Monday, April 26, 2010

Newbie Alert!

Well, after browsing through all the fantastic blogs that I've stumbled on today, I've decided to take the plunge and begin blogging about my latest project -- to become more self-sufficient. What's more, we live on a fifth of an acre in the suburbs of Kansas City, so everything we can do will be interesting.

This week I am enjoying the sprouts of my newly planted bag garden! I put in the seeds about three weeks ago, and I already have a few babies peeking out of the ground! We put up rabbit fencing to prevent bun buns from eating the plants and veggies. We have LOTS of bun buns in the suburbs! My puppy dogs usually take care of them, but I actually have my yard split down the middle -- our neighbor has a mean dog that bites my little dachshunds every chance they get, so I had to take drastic action. Anyway, so my dogs can't get to the "garden side" of the yard.

I'll figure out how to get photos on here soon. For now, please feel free to send me lots of ideas, pictures, recipes, etc. about how to grow, store, and otherwise use fresh food.


No comments:

Post a Comment