Welcome to My Blurb

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bread Bowls

I made these a few weeks ago. I used a roll recipe from Dave's parents and my bread maker to knead the dough. After the dough rose for a few minutes in the machine, I chopped it into four equal pieces (still way too big I found out), and let them rise in the oven with a warm glass of water and the light on -- on my baking stones. The soup was a wing-it experiment that I tried after having a freebie meal at my daughter's new job. I recommend that you use a favorite creamy soup recipe or find one online. I would call this home made chicken enchilada. If you're too scared to try your own soup, at least give a good bread recipe a try and (gasp) use a canned cream soup for starters. Next time, be adventurous and try your own soup recipe.

Mmmmmmm! It tastes even better when you realize you could have easily spent forty bucks feeding your family the same meal at a restaurant. My total ingredient cost was less than five dollars!

Happy Homesteading!

No comments:

Post a Comment